Tree Surgery & Stump Removal in Chiddingfold | Working Safely
In our position as locally-trusted tree surgeons, we treat safety with paramount importance. The work we undertake, including hedge cutting, stump removal and a complete range of tree surgery services, carries with it certain inherent dangers. Whether it’s the heavy-duty machinery we use or the heights our tree surgeons work at, it’s vital that safety measures are always strictly adhered to. Not only does this allow us to protect our personnel, our clients, their Chiddingfold property and the nearby general public, it also gives us the perfect platform to produce our best work. This is why our services, and the firewood we sell, have become synonymous with outstanding quality.
Our tree surgeons have been trained to the highest NPTC (National Proficiency Tests Council) standards. By gaining this accreditation, our clients in Chiddingfold can rest assured that an impartial, reputable industry professional has assessed and endorsed our abilities.
In addition to this comprehensive training, however, Winterfold Tree Services ensures that our in-house training focuses on full compliance with the most up-to-date Health & Safety legislation.
We want our clients in Chiddingfold to feel nothing less than completely at ease when utilising our tree surgery, stump removal and hedge cutting services.
Current Health & Safety Legislation
From hedge cutting to procuring our firewood, our tree surgeons work in strict compliance with the following HSE regulations:
- Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations 1992 – We never send our tree surgeons out to Chiddingfold locations without the correct PPE. This equipment includes gloves, hearing protectors, boots, eye protection and safety helmets. With the basics covered, we free our personnel to focus entirely on their work.
- Work at Height Regulations 2005 – To undertake tree surgery services and hedge cutting work, and to safely procure firewood materials, our tree surgeons must work at height. This legislation ensures the safety of our ladders, climbing harnesses and other equipment used to get our tree surgeons off the ground.
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 – Whether cutting firewood to size or undertaking tree surgery, hedge cutting or stump removal on site in Chiddingfold, we always maintain the condition of the dangerous tools used by our tree surgeons, including chainsaws.
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 – From stump removal to any one of our tree surgery procedures, the work carried out by our tree surgeons in Chiddingfold creates potentially harmful substances like petrol fumes and sawdust. It remains our responsibility to minimise the impact of these hazards.
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 – Certain aspects of the tree surgery work we undertake requires the use of hydraulic lifts and similar equipment. Due to working at such heights, each of our tree surgeons has thorough training in the safe use of such machines.
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 – The tree surgery, stump removal and hedge cutting work we undertake in Chiddingfold is underpinned by this legislation. Before we even start a job, we carry out a risk assessment of each location to assess overall safety.
So, whether our Chiddingfold clients trust Winterfold Tree Services for tree surgery work, stump removal, hedge cutting or firewood, they can be certain that we never take safety for granted.
To discuss tree surgery, stump removal, hedge cutting and firewood in Chiddingfold, talk to one of our tree surgeons on 01483 203 474 or 07767 410 071.